Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Direction of my blog

I named my blog, "This is me at my Darkest," I wanted to have somewhere where I could be me completely (or as completely as I can be without allowing anyone into my most intimate relationship with God or with my husband). Anyway, for anyone that doesn't know, the blog title is a line in the song, "Love Jealous One, Love" by As Cities Burn. The album is called, "Son I Loved you at your Darkest."

Love Jealous One, Love
this is me at my darkest
looking down from my tower to heaven
my reputation is what i am on the scale
in the eyes of mankind
the more i get beneath me,
the higher, and more out of reach
teacher, which of us will be the greatest

we will wear compassion
we will wear it on our chests
and sing with love at our throats
like a child, its all i know
Father, hide our hearts in you
lest we steal them back
and lay them at the feet of men
i know now that glory has not a place
near my hands or any man



So I've decided that this blog will be a record of my thoughts on scripture that I read, news that hits on my heart, and anything else that affects me spiritually. I hope that it will help me to be more consistent in the time I spend with God each day and more consistent in being an imitator or God in everything that I do. I know it may sound pitiful that I am using a blog for that, but for the time being, I think it is going to help and that is more important than looking like I can't set enough time aside for God without a computer.

YOU WILL PROBABLY SEE MY FLAWS. Everyone has them and I do not pretend to be perfect.

No comments: